My 2016 MacBook Pro has been sitting around ignored of late. My primary work laptop has been an Acer Predator for the last year. With the production release of Big Sur, I decided to upgrade the OS the day of release. This weekend, I tried to upgrade HomeBrew and everything it had installed, but quickly ran into a big issue with the Command Line Tools (CLT) being out of date.
After spending a couple of weeks rebuilding this site with Github Pages, I discovered that Gitlab had a similar offering. Since I’ve been using Gitlab exclusively at work, I figured I should give that a shot instead. Moving the files wasn’t difficult, but I did discover that some things worked differently. I also learned that Gitlab Pages had more to offer.
I’d been trying to convert this site away from BlogCFC for some time. After investigating a few blogging platforms, I decided on the simplicity of a Jekyll static site via Github Pages. Ultimately I choose Gitlab Pages, but before I talk about that, here’s how I converted my posts.
Welcome to my redesigned, rebuilt and reinvigorated blog! Out with the much appreciated BlogCFC and ColdFusion powered site on iknowkungfoo.com. In with a static site hosted on Gitlab Pages, powered by Jekyll and a new domain. It’s been a while, let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
While setting up my Macbook Pro for web development, I was flummoxed by the issues reported by many people trying to setup ColdFusion 10 on OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion, as well as Window 8. Adobe even has a pre-release program to test new installers for both. I can understand having problems with Windows 8, but installing on OSX 10.8 couldn’t have been easier.
I’m in the process of moving a massive, years-old application from ColdFusion 8 to ColdFusion 9. I’m also testing on ColdFusion 10 (currently in beta). I’ve run into a few issues and will document them here. First up: Setting the width of a CFGRID.
Nearly 4 years ago, I showed how to “check all checkboxes” using jQuery 1.2.6. In this post, I’m going to show a more advanced, but still simple way to handle checkboxes with jQuery that accounts for changes made as of version 1.6.1. I’ll even answer the bracketed field name question that haunts PHP developers.
It’s been a year and a half since my last post and over two years since my last truly technical post. I promised myself I’d get back to writing this year, but life and work kept getting in the way. Fortunately, I’ve been able to get a number of things back on track over the last few months. This blog is one of them.
I was browsing through some tickets in Jira today when I found a couple of bugs related to tables not displaying correctly in MSIE. When I found an example, it basically looked like a <TR> tag had not been closed correctly. When I viewed the source HTML, imagine how surprised I was to find a <cfif> statement gumming up the works.